How to Renew a UK Driving Licence Without exam? Is your UK driving licence expired and you’re worried about re-taking the driving tests? Worry not because we can help you renew your UK licence without taking any theory or driving test. Please take note that you must renew a photocard licence every 10 years.
What are the requirements to renew a UK licence online?
Generally, to renew a photocard licence online, you need:
- A valid UK passport.
- To be a resident of Great Britain – there’s a different service in Northern Ireland.
- To pay £14 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, or Delta debit or credit card (there’s no fee if you’re over 70 or have a medical short-period licence).
- Addresses of where you’ve lived over the last 3 years.
- Your current driving licence (if you do not have your licence you must say why in your application).
- Your National Insurance number (if you know it).
- To not be disqualified from driving.
How to Renew a UK Licence without Exam
- Decide on whether you wish to renew the “provisional driving licence” or the “full driving licence”.
- Visit the website: www.registereduklicense.com
- Navigate to Services and select “Renew UK Driving Licence”.
- Select the type of licence you wish to renew.
- Choose the driving licence category.
- Select the “add to cart” button and proceed to checkout.
- Under the checkout page, fill in the required information.
- Choose your desired payment method.
- Contact customer support for payment details.
- Make payment the necessary payments to complete the order.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I renew my British driving licence online?
Yes you can! But you need a valid UK passport to do so. Once you send us a soft copy of your identification document (preferably a valid UK passport), we can help you renew your UK licence without any hassle.
What happens when my UK license expires?
You can be arrested and fined up to £1,000. Your photo licence must be renewed every 10 years; if you fail to renew it at that point then your driving licence will be invalid. Although the DVLA will send you a reminder letter before your driving licence expires, it is your responsibility to ensure that your driving licence is valid.
Can I drive in the UK if my licence has expired?
No. You must wait for the DVLA to reissue you with a new driving licence before you can start driving again. If you are caught driving with an expired licence, you can be fined up to £1,000.
Do I need a new photo to renew my UK driving Licence?
You have to renew your photocard with a new picture every 10 years to make sure it's up to date. It's important to renew on time to avoid fines of up to £1,000. You'll also have to renew your licence if your name or address has changed.